"Know what is going in your food because it's very important to know what's going in your body."
On this episode, Ashdin Doctor is joined by Raashi Malhotra, Nutritionist and Consultant Chef. Raashi speaks about healthy food substitutes and recipes explaining the importance of maintaining a balanced diet. She shares with us recipes for a healthy life:
1) Nut or Seed milk: 1 cup nuts/ seeds soaked overnight + 4 cups water. Blitz in a liquid jar of blender till nuts/ seeds are completely disintegrated.
Sieve if desired or necessary.
Store in a clean glass bottle for up to 3 days.
2) Cauli-rice: Cut cauliflower into large florets & process in a food process or grate to a consistency of rice.
Brush a non-stick pan with coconut oil & heat. Add in minced ginger & garlic. Once fragrant add in riced cauliflower + salt to taste + chilli flakes. Sautee on high for 5 mins or till tender.
3) Zoodles: Spiralize zucchini or bottle gourd using a spiraliser.
Brush a non-stick pan with coconut oil & heat. Add in minced garlic. Once fragrant add in zucchini spirals. Sautee on high for about a minute they start losing their shape. Add salt in the end to avoid excess water release.
Add in sauce of choice.
4) Sweet potato toast: Thoroughly clean the sweet potato. Slice lengthwise, brush with ghee or coconut oil each side. Toast twice over in a toaster. Top with spreads of choice.
Or parboil whole sweet potato in a cooker for two whistles (on high). Slice length wise and toast once in a toaster.
5) Chocolate avocado mousse: 100g of ripe avocado + 1-2tbsp raw cacao powder + 3 drops stevia. Blend in mixer/blender till smooth. Adjusst cacao & stevia as needed. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can follow Ashdin Doctor on Instagram @ashdindoc
You can listen to this show and other awesome shows on the IVM Podcasts app on Android: https://ivm.today/android or iOS: https://ivm.today/ios, or any other podcast app.
You can check out our website at http://www.ivmpodcasts.com/